One of the pillars of weight loss is intermittent fasting. So what is the deal?
Research has shown that fasting for 7-10 hours is not only associated with weight loss, but:
- Metabolism is improved
- Lower blood sugar levels
- Reduces inflammation
- Reduces cancer risk
- Improves brain function
Why is this?
- It gives the body time to fully utilize the calories it takes in and to burn fat for energy.
- In short, we eat too much in this country.
- Our food supply has changed so much that it actually causes inflammation.
- One study demonstrated that when we eat, 80% of the calories are used to break down the food for energy- which leaves only 20% for energy storage.
Do it right.
- Skip breakfast.
- Start eating when you first get hungry.
- Plan for it.
- Own your food. Stop going to Starbucks.
- 10 am and stop eating at 6 pm.
- This is not a license to eat whatever you want.
Coffee with almond milk
2-3 eggs + spinach + 1/2 avocado + shredded cheese + sliced mushrooms + everything bagel seasoning
Low carb Lunch: 3 slices smoked turkey breast + Trader Joe’s chili lime mayo + avocado + sliced tomatoes + pickles + onion.
Start layering and rolling.
Keto recipe/Low carb dinner: Red bell pepper sandwich. Slice bell pepper in half. Core out.
3 slices turkey breast + 1/2 avocado sliced + 1 slice sharp cheddar cheese + sliced red onion + arugula + peppers + light mayo chipotle lime